Here at Carolina Dining Services, we hold ourselves to a high standard of nutrition and we seek to offer healthy, nutritious options in our dining halls:
- We fry in zero trans-fat vegetable oil
- We use a zero trans-fat, canola and extra virgin olive oil chef blend
- We use a zero trans-fat, dairy-free margarine
- We use all natural, allergen-free vegetable, chicken and beef bases
- We help you to identify "Smart Choice" items and 500 calories or less meal options
- We provide fully loaded salad bars filled with a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits, and protein alternatives
- We always have a lean protein option for every meal period - chicken, turkey, pork or fish
- We always have low-fat milk, yogurt and cottage cheese
- We always have whole wheat pasta and bread, and occasionally brown rice
- We have peanut machines that make freshly ground peanut butter with no added oils, salts or preservatives
We provide menus and nutritional information for menu items on our website and on interactive, nutrition kiosks in Top of Lenoir and Rams Head Dining Hall. We require all franchises to display the nutritional information for their menus on our website and/or at the station.
Each station in Top of Lenoir and Rams Head Dining Hall features digital menu signage including nutritional and allergen information. We seek feedback from the student dining board on menus and nutritional programs.
Click Here for daily menu and nutrition information.
To address nutritional questions and concerns, please contact our Registered Dietitian, Kelley Urban, at 919.962.2352 / email@example.com.